Born in 1978, the memories of my youth are shaped from the style, music and movies of the 90s. Hiking boots, oversized flannel shirts, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, The Big Lebowski, Dazed and Confused, Pulp Fiction, and a fast car = my high school experience. Luckily I grew out of all that, but my knack for spotting trends and participating in pop culture remain strong. And, I still wear Birkenstocks.
Curiosity drives me. Reading entertains me. Learning something new excites me. Talking to smart people turns me on. Shopping is how I relax. I am short, but I wear tall shoes. I like to be prepared for any situation, so I carry a big bag. I listen more than I talk. I am Emily Reeves Dean and I am located in Little Rock, Arkansas.
My job is to create order from chaos. I am a communications strategist in the digital space. I am an infovore. I have a knack for taking mounds of information, understanding it, organizing it and finding the insights as foundations for development of strategy and measurable tactics. My specialties include digital strategy, digital marketing, all kinds of research, writing, brand strategy and presentations.
My quest for knowledge has taken me to architecture school, journalism school, law school, guitar lessons, motorcycle classes, drawing classes, yoga classes, coding classes, photography classes, pitch competitions, a startup business accelerator, reading thousands of books, watching movies galore, publishing a book, fits and starts of writing projects, more airline miles that I can track, the insides of conference centers, presenting to rooms full of people and hours on end staring at a computer screen. I learn a little bit along the way from each experience. In general, I notice interesting ideas and share them online. I am crazy curious and read more than a kid with no friends and have an opinion about everything.
At a Glance:
- Live in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Graduated from the University of Arkansas.
- Hometown is Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Wife to Matthew and stepmom to Sophie.
- Travel with my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Beatrice.
- Unapologetic textbook INTJ personality.
- Believe proper etiquette is important.
- Wasting time is my pet peeve.
- Gum-chewing drives me crazy.
- Books are my very best friends.
- Respect a strong work ethic.
- Honesty is my most valued principle.
- Never underestimate the power of observation.